Publishing vs Library ?

Home Forums General Questions Publishing vs Library ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vox7200
    Participant

Forgive the newbie questions, but could use some advice.
    In the past 2 weeks I have been accepted by a Non-Exclusive Publisher, mainly liked my music for Sync stuff. And I also got an offer from a Library.

Whats the real difference between them ? Can i do both ?
    So is the rule of thumb Publisher deals mostly for sync and full songs and the Library deals with the 15,30,60, sting etc …… ?

Confused !

#25783 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Whats the real difference between them ?

No real difference but depends on the contract and the business model. Theoretically you could do both as long as they are both non-exclusive. Need more specifics.

#25797 Reply
    vox7200
    Participant

Art,
    The non exl publisher seems like they want my music for sync stuff. The said they would except full length songs, short :30 -1:00 edits, basically all of my catalog for the standard 50/50 split. Seems I can add new songs as I go. They mentioned nothing about specific edits they want.

The no exl Library from what I see wants specific edits, and I price them. I’m still waiting for them to get back to me about some questions.

I have a full time job and was hoping this could be a nice part-time thing, just confused where I should considerate my efforts.

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Publishing vs Library ?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us