Same tracks in cue/non-cue library?

Home Forums Newbie Questions Same tracks in cue/non-cue library?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mdprins
    Participant

Newbie here: I’ve done a lot of sheet music work in the past (and present), but I’m trying to diversify with production music.

Is it kosher to put the same track in a NE library that doesn’t require the licensee to file cue sheet (e.g. Musicloops) and a non-retitle NE library that does (Pond5, AudioSparx, whatever)? Could you end up in a awkward position re: your PRO if you were to do that? Or is that not really considered a problem?

#14397 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

You can (from a legal and kosher POV) always put the same tracks in multiple non-exclusive libraries of any kind. Some RF libraries such as Audiosparx re-title for you by adding a tag to your original title. With others, you should ask if they register tracks with PROs and how they handle titles. Some on-line RF libraries rarely get broadcast TV placements so with those I really don’t concern myself about how the tracks might get registered with PROs.

One thing that many composers do is re-title the tracks ourselves when loading to multiple NE libraries, especially the RF kind whereby they may have no re-title policy. It makes it easier to track things and could *possibly* prevent your tracks from obviously price competing against themselves, should someone do Google searches.

For example, let’s say you have a song in a conventional NE library. If you then want to also put in in a NE RF library, you would re-title it yourself.

HTH

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Same tracks in cue/non-cue library?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us