Survey : What's your ''Healthy'' number of publishers to be with?

Home Forums General Questions Survey : What's your ''Healthy'' number of publishers to be with?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Valerie_D
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Over the past few months, several exclusives libraries have either sign me or told me to provide piano pieces so they could sign me, music à la Ludovico Einaudi or Yann Thierssen, which is a style publishers identify me with.

I’m really enthusiastic about all this but I compose 3 tracks/week tops and my list of positive responses is now up to 38 publishers, including the ones I’m already with.

Some will obviously have to be on the chopping block and that’s why I’m interested in your experience : how many publishers (RF, NE, E) are you with and do you set a limit of companies you work with?

Many thanks for sharing your experience or opinion on this,

Val

#25540 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

For me (doing this part time) 4-5 , 2 being royalty free, 2 being exclusive, one NE. But it took a lot of submitting to narrow that down. And one seems to need a lot of genres that are in my strong areas. If they only needed one style I would probably belong to more.

You will likely see that composers here , if they are submitting to exclusives they are not too sure about, limit the tracks they send to 15-ish to start.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Survey : What's your ''Healthy'' number of publishers to be with?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us