Thumbnail libraries vs others

Home Forums General Questions Thumbnail libraries vs others

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    andrej
    Participant

Libraries where clients hear the music before reading description on track they are interested(I call it tumbnail for lack of better name) or the libraries where clients read track description before even listening to the track ?
    What sells better for you or where the trend go,does the tumbnail favors better music composer vs better music composer sellsman in the latter .
    e.g.in client might might not even bother to listen to a fantastic and authentic piano flamenco track because music description is writen poorly since the composer speaks litlle english.Thus client misses and composer too.
    On the contrary in tumbnail scenario the client hears the music first and if he likes it ,doesn’t care what desciptin says.
    Would love to hear some opinions or if anyone have given a thought to this.

#21852 Reply
    andrej
    Participant

Sorry my grammar ,I meant Thumbnail and by that those libraries that shows the tracks in small icons across the screen horizontally and vertically in thumbnail icon with waveform and name of the track below e.g.Pond5,Tunefruit etc.

#21861 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

I don’t think either is particularly important.

#21862 Reply
    Edouardo
    Participant

On the contrary DI, I think Andrej question is quite relevant. Basically he is wondering about the approach of the customer when looking for a track.

imho, Andrej, both approach exist: case A: Listening to select + case B: reading to listen.

Case A will mostly be an amator that made a nice YT video and is looking for inspiration to what music might fit his vision. Case B will be someone who knows what he is looking for. In that situation, keywords and description will be important. Probably mostly keywords as the potential client will make a search first.

In terms of the grammar, I wouldn’t worry. Libraries are not dating sites! As long as the description is understandable. Just make sure your keywords are spelled correctly so that your track appears in searches!

#21901 Reply
    andrej
    Participant

The idea is that when client enters the keywords he gets to the page with
    the possible candidates he is going to be biased by the discriptions of the tracks so he is going to make different selection for listening unless of course he listens one after the other from the beginning of the page regardless of the name and description and that seem less probable.
    In the case of what I call thumbnail library he is only biased by the name
    so I guess there is more chance for the better track to be selected versus better described track.
    Maybe be too much psychology in this but still got me wondering

#21902 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

The best advice I can offer is to ask some customers what they prefer. Customers know what they want.

Customers hold the answers to these questions because they are the end users and purchasers of the music.

Composers can only guess without information.

#21904 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

There is no question that if an end user types in some keywords and a bunch of tracks turn up, the titles and descriptions will have a big influence on which ones he/she listens to. That’s especially true for tracks beyond the first 1-2 listed. There’s a better chance the person will listen to the first ones but then become more selective and filter by what they read.

I don’t think you need to ask any customers (if you even could). Just think about human behavior and your own behavior when you go searching for something on the web.

#21905 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

I don’t think you need to ask any customers (if you even could). Just think about human behavior and your own behavior when you go searching for something on the web.

Everybody behaves differently.

But no worries. You guys will figure it out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Thumbnail libraries vs others
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us