Tunesat Free vs Paid acct

Home Forums General Questions Tunesat Free vs Paid acct

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I have some network , 30 sec promos that I’m trying to chase down. BMI is really not helping me at all.

Yeah, they are not great at promos and make the excuse if the network doesn’t file they won’t do much about it.

#31935 Reply
    maxquaini
    Participant

About Tunesat there’s something I’m confused about.
    Is that service supposed to find out every song I’m the composer? Or it might miss some of them?
    Also, if I do the research today, will it find my songs on air from today or even those that were on air in the past months?!
    Thanks everyone!

#31936 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

s that service supposed to find out every song I’m the composer? Or it might miss some of them?

Yes, it can miss up to 50%. I have found this with a couple of commercials I have running. No where near the airings as Competitrack reports. TV shows are more accurate.

I believe you can pay extra to have them to look at past detections.

#31937 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

art, or actually anyone whos had exp with tunesat, how long is the delay for a placement to be detected? I had some placements from a show in animal planet back in nov-dec that wasnt picked up, does it take a while? I just have the main track on there, will it not connect the alt versions that were used to it?

#31938 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

how long is the delay for a placement to be detected?

Immediate AKAIK. Tunesat misses at least 20% of TV shows. I upload alt versions.

#31940 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant

My detections are immediate as well. If you haven’t heard about a previous placement, chances are Tunesat didn’t pick it up.

I have had 30 sec versions and Bed versions picked up.

#31944 Reply
    maxquaini
    Participant

Thank you for your feedback!
    The point is, while most of my works are with an exclusive library and most songs will come out in the next months, last year I had a song – non exclusive – pitched for various shows, the Bellas, the Divas, the whole MTV, and really at least 3/4 more most of them on eTv. The fact the song has been pitched indeed doesn’t necessarily mean it will be used but I can’t believe not even once at least in one show? I was wondering if there’s a way to check it out avoiding to watch the whole shows the whole season 🙂
    Wished Tunesat would have made the job!
    Thanks everyone!

#31945 Reply
    maxquaini
    Participant

Forgot to mention I’m Italian and SIAE (our PRO) pay twice a year – Jan and July – usually one year after the songs were on air… So I’m not sure if should I expect something or not from that placement.
    Still working hard on increasing my portfolio indeed!

#31959 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant

I think I may try putting all of my new tracks into SourceAudio.

Not only are they less expensive than Tunesat but they use watermark technology and according to their website, they can actually track a promo and commercials. That’s where I get screwed all the time.

#31960 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

they can actually track a promo and commercials.

But will BMI pay, based on the detections from SourceAudio?

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 25 total)
Reply To: Reply #31936 in Tunesat Free vs Paid acct
Your information: