A challenge I’ve set myself this year is to write and submit a track a week to music libraries. My questions are around the pros, cons and practicalities of a pseudonym.
I’m a classical composer relatively well known in the community but not exactly ‘famous’ and looking to branch out. I want to keep the library work separate so as to not dilute my ‘name’ in the contemporary classical scene so thinking a pseudonym is the best option.
– is there any con to this thinking?
– how far should I go with the pseudonym? I mean website, social media identity etc? Could that identity help with placements or does it matter?
– will obviously register it on PRS/MCPS. Do I need to with PPL?
– is there anywhere else I need to create a pseudonym to ensure royalties?
– any other advice around this/anything I’m missing?
Thanks in advance