Using Creative Commons samples

Home Forums General Questions Using Creative Commons samples

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    odie76
    Participant

I’m considering downloading some of the OLPC sound samples. These samples are released under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unreported License, which states: ‘Attribution: ‘You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.’

How would I handle the attribution requirements if I used these sounds in tracks that I submit to music libraries?

#15016 Reply
    odie76
    Participant

I forgot to mention in my initial post that there are some interesting Kontakt instruments that people have made with the OLPC sounds, and I was wondering how the attribution would work if I used one of these instruments in a track.

#15043 Reply
    Vlad
    Participant

odie76,

My suggestion would be that if the intended use is to create a track that you will ‘license’ in libraries, I would exclude those samples. Not sure where the law stands on it, just a gut feeling.

#15044 Reply
    MuscoSound
    Participant

I second Vlad. I don’t think it would be worth the risk of a potential problem later down the line.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Using Creative Commons samples
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us