Why do companies not like telling info on placements

Home Forums General Questions Why do companies not like telling info on placements

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    music_pro
    Participant

Desire_Inspires, I was not being rude, this is just a figure of speech.
    I hate when pepple think that what they do is the next best thing next to sliced bread. Today there is so much guys trying to get into the biz so if you get something, say thank you. Yes its not nice not to know where they use your music but hey at least you are getting paid.

Peace.

#12028 Reply
    BIGG ROME

You guys have the music business totally backwards.
    “Get something say thank you”. SMH.
    I feel like I’m the kid runner at the bottom of the mafia

I’m thankful my production music is not just making 25 cents on my P.R.O.
    due to how I deal with my business relationships.

Funny I share my experiences and they actually “WORK” and people got a problem with it. I can see if it never yielded back positive results. But it works ,lol

nO WONDER ASCAP is getting away with murder right now. Composers are thankful for 1.00 SMH

Do you, It all love my MLR Friends

#12029 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

Bigg Rome, are you with BMI?

#12034 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

You guys have the music business totally backwards

Here’s my last 2 cents:

There is no single right answer. We’re all at different places..different levels, following different business models.

The non-exclsuive re-title model is very different than either the RF model or the traditional work-for-hire exclusive model…different sets of rules, different worlds.

Writers should do the best work that they can, know where they fit in, and not listen to advice the doesn’t apply to them. That can be harmful.

As I just said in another thread, we are like blind men trying to describe an elephant.

http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~rywang/berkeley/258/parable.html

_Michael

#12037 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

There is no single right answer. We’re all at different places..different levels, following different business models.

Right on MichaelL.

BIGG ROME loves to pontificate but the truth, as MichaelL says, “There is no single right answer.”!

#12038 Reply
    Mark Lewis
    Participant

Right, there is no right answer.
    But Bigg Rome’s original question was answered.

“Why do companies not like telling info on placements”

Because some composers have a tendency to badger clients. They are clients of the library, not of the composer. It is very important to keep a professional interface between the client and the library. It is important because these are sustained relationships based on trust and professionalism.
    Having a composer pop up suddenly and say “hay, you bought my song, what’s up with dat?” would be a horrible thing to happen to any business.

Not sure why the answer turned into some weird composer revolt but it kind of proves its own point I guess.

#12055 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

Not sure why the answer turned into some weird composer revolt but it kind of proves its own point I guess.

A liability issue. LMAO! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
Reply To: Why do companies not like telling info on placements
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us