YOSEMITE OS 10.10

Home Forums Software YOSEMITE OS 10.10

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    MichaelL
    Participant

MAC released, YOSEMITE, its new OS today.

As always proceed with caution. NI made made this statement:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/knowledge-base/show/3163/compatibility-of-native-instruments-products-with-mac-os-x-10.10-yosemite/

#18382 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

Ah, the dangers of upgrading. I recommend having at least two computers for making music. One old school rig with all of the classic sounds and a newer experimental setup for the new stuff. And always back up stuff in multiple places.

#18383 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

I wouldn’t even recommend Mavericks yet! So many bugs with Kontakt and even weird stuff in Logic. NI are yet to fix a bug I’ve had that made it impossible to use new Kontakt libraries.

#18384 Reply
    dekkard

anything that is part of NI Komplete 10 Ultimate is working fine so far, at least on my end.

#18385 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Withdrawn.

#18389 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

I wouldn’t even recommend Mavericks yet! So many bugs with Kontakt and even weird stuff in Logic. NI are yet to fix a bug I’ve had that made it impossible to use new Kontakt libraries.

I have just upgraded to Mavericks from Lion because some plugins weren’t being supported anymore, and mainly to use Logic 10, works OK here. What issues are you having ?

On the general upgrading question, I won’t change again now until they are 2 releases ahead of me again. In general, software companies support the current and two releases previous. For music there is absolutely no advantage what so ever in using the latest operating systems.

#18390 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

I have just upgraded to Mavericks from Lion because some plugins weren’t being supported anymore, and mainly to use Logic 10, works OK here. What issues are you having ?

Mavericks was randomly shutting down, and restarting my MAC. I believe there was a conflict with some security software that was causing a kernel panic.

What plugs no longer support Lion? I recently updated my older “farm” computer to squeeze a little more life out of it. I only use it for older East West samples, hosted in VEPRO.

#18392 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

What plugs no longer support Lion? I recently updated my older “farm” computer to squeeze a little more life out of it. I only use it for older East West samples, hosted in VEPRO.

All the new NI stuff is now not Lion supported. And Logic 10 won’t run on it at all. Had to get Logic 10 up and running for a client. Its a bit of a head wrecker but I actually like it as a DAW. Also Spectrasonics amongst many others only support current plus 2 back Mac OS. You can see their point, its enough of a PITA already.

#18398 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

I’ve been on Mavericks for about a month, and have had a bunch of small annoying issues like gradual latency in changing the cursor options (from pointer to pencil etc), unreliable ability to stop freezing or bouncing a track (shortcut not working all the time). Crashes happen a little more often than back in Snow Leopard.

Also, NI support (or the company that made the plug in) can’t figure out why the Service Center won’t completely authorize some new software.

Another fun new issue – random crackling like there’s a processor overload happening but Activity Monitor says everything is fine. That issue seems limited to some software like Adagio Bass and Damage. The latest Kontakt update took it from unusable to tolerable, but it’s still annoying.

Oh and then there’s annoying pop window that asks if I want to use my Apple TV as the audio output in Logic!

#18399 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

Tx Mark, haven’t come across any of these yet, undoubtably will see these and similar as I progress on. I never liked Logic 9 but 10 or Pro X is pretty good so far.

#18400 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

Also, NI support (or the company that made the plug in) can’t figure out why the Service Center won’t completely authorize some new software.

Mark this may be related. You have to run NI plugins in standalone mode first for the Service Centre to recognise them on your computer if you are updating. This was /is still an issue. Hope this helps.

#18402 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

Thanks Denis, will keep that in mind.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: YOSEMITE OS 10.10
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us