BMI – Recording Use

Home Forums PROs BMI – Recording Use

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    audaxl
    Participant

Hello BMI Members,

here is the approximate wording of an Email I sent to the BMI Worksregistration-Team, still waiting for an answer. Can someone please help me with this?

As a Newby I have questions about the song registration procedure.

Fact is that I create production music which I upload to Royalty Free Stock Music Libraries like
    Pond5, Revostock and so on. It is mostly meant to be used in Commercials, Video Games, Films,
    or TV Productions.

When in the registration process I come to the point “Recording Use”, I can select either Film,Television,
    Theater, Library or Commercial Jingle.

Would Library in this case mean the kind of Music Library I upload my songs to?
    Choosing it I would have to state the CD Identyfier. I have no idea what this is.
    Should I state the names of all the libraries I work together with?

Choosing „Film” or „Television”, I would have to state a Production Title which I of course don´t have.

I found out, that I can circumvent these mandatory questions by answering „No” for the question,
    if the song is for Film,Theater,Library and so on.
    What use would the song be considered for in this case? Would it affect my royalties income?

Thank You
    Rainer

#21822 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Bump

#22132 Reply
    psmusic
    Participant

@audaxl,

I have always selected “No” when answering whether the song is for “Film, Library, etc.” and I haven’t noticed any affect on my royalty income because of it. I believe that question is there for when a music library registers a composer’s track for the publishing purposes. I don’t know of any royalty free libraries that register tracks with PROs because most RF libraries focus on licensing music for non-broadcast projects. However, other non-RF libraries sometimes group their tracks into albums focusing on a specific genre and have may have an identifier number associated with the album to make it easy to find.

Hope this is helpful!

#22134 Reply
    audaxl
    Participant

Thank You!

Your answer confirms me in what I did anyway, because it was the only way.
    By the way, would you say its a problem, that they removed the brackets
    from my titles XXXX(Loop), XXXX(60sec) etc?
    Would that exacerbate the identification of the songs?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: BMI – Recording Use
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us