BMI Statments for 2019 Q1 landed. Good, bad, indifferent?

Home Forums PROs BMI Statments for 2019 Q1 landed. Good, bad, indifferent?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

BMI statements for 2019 Q1 landed today and hope everyone did well. Ours was up a decent amount. Got a good boost from a couple of commercials running in that time period and a few other surprises.

How about you? Hopefully, nice improvements for all!

#33264 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Bump

#33265 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Mine was up too. Did better in 2019 than last year. Best payout was a few placements on CBS NFL Today.

#33266 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

I love Q1 BMI statements because they always have a very nice bump thanks to ‘National Cable TV Association’ royalties,haha!
    But even without this bump it was a much better statement than the previous one.
    Biggest surprise was international royalties and specially UK (a low four digit payment from the lads there!).

I hope everyone got a great one!

#33267 Reply
    Kevin Pike

I did better than normal thanks to a few spots on Fox Sports.

Also from National Cable TV Association’ royalties. I just figured out that this is the time of the year when they pay out. Anyone know where this money comes from?

#33272 Reply
    cyberk91
    Participant

What is the timeframe of 2019 Q1?…………..I had a track used on the MSG Network and was picked up by Tunesat in April – May 2019….my PRO is BMI

#33273 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

What is the timeframe of 2019 Q1?

Normally 2019 Q1 should include all placements made between January 1 – March 31 of 2019. Your MSG placement should appear on the next BMI statement (issued in January).
    Keep in mind sometimes there are delays (1 or 2 quarters) on payments.

#33274 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

I have a question, that I am not sure if it goes here. But.

is there a Database, or a Company where we can run our name (and any other pertinent information) to see if we are on Cue Sheets, but the Information/PRO might have been listed incorrectly?

I have a LOT of programming. that I have heard my music in over the years; and never got payment for..

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated!!

#33275 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

is there a Database, or a Company where we can run our name (and any other pertinent information) to see if we are on Cue Sheets, but the Information/PRO might have been listed incorrectly?

Oh if there were!

#33276 Reply
    cyberk91
    Participant

hey All……thanks for the info…love this forum everyone helps one another…not like some other ones I’ve seen in my travels…. 🙂

#33281 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

Also from National Cable TV Association’ royalties. I just figured out that this is the time of the year when they pay out. Anyone know where this money comes from?

Kevin,here is a link regarding NCTA payments:
    https://www.bmi.com/news/entry/20000725_new_bmi_ncta_agreement_to_yield_significantly_increased_fees

#33282 Reply
    guscave

Had the best QTR ever!! Thanks to Super Bowl and a lot of NBA games.

#33285 Reply
    Kevin Pike

Thanks Kubed!

#33286 Reply
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Forgive me if this question has been answered earlier…

How do Non US composers get paid by BMI? Do they mail you a cheque? Or is it via wire transfer? Or some other means?

Thank you!

#33287 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

How do Non US composers get paid by BMI? Do they mail you a cheque? Or is it via wire transfer? Or some other means?

When you register to BMI as a non US composer, you’re set to receive check payments (that’s by default). Send an email to your BMI contact and ask them to get paid via wire transfer from now on.They’ll send you a 1 page pdf document to fill out and send it back to them.
    Personally,i was receiving the checks anywhere from 4-6 weeks after the date they were issued and then my bank needed another 4 weeks to clear them!
    Plus,the bank charged me around $30-$40 to clear every single one check…
    I changed to wire transfer and i’m receiving my payments on time and my bank charges me only $3 for each transaction 🙂
    There might be different charges from bank to bank (or country to country) but i don’t believe they’ll charge you more than the check clearance anyway.
    You can ask your bank for more info on that matter.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
Reply To: BMI Statments for 2019 Q1 landed. Good, bad, indifferent?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us