BMI Statments for 2019 Q1 landed. Good, bad, indifferent?

Home Forums PROs BMI Statments for 2019 Q1 landed. Good, bad, indifferent?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

BMI statements for 2019 Q1 landed today and hope everyone did well. Ours was up a decent amount. Got a good boost from a couple of commercials running in that time period and a few other surprises.

How about you? Hopefully, nice improvements for all!

#33264 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Bump

#33265 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Mine was up too. Did better in 2019 than last year. Best payout was a few placements on CBS NFL Today.

#33266 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

I love Q1 BMI statements because they always have a very nice bump thanks to ‘National Cable TV Association’ royalties,haha!
    But even without this bump it was a much better statement than the previous one.
    Biggest surprise was international royalties and specially UK (a low four digit payment from the lads there!).

I hope everyone got a great one!

#33267 Reply
    Kevin Pike

I did better than normal thanks to a few spots on Fox Sports.

Also from National Cable TV Association’ royalties. I just figured out that this is the time of the year when they pay out. Anyone know where this money comes from?

#33272 Reply
    cyberk91
    Participant

What is the timeframe of 2019 Q1?…………..I had a track used on the MSG Network and was picked up by Tunesat in April – May 2019….my PRO is BMI

#33273 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

What is the timeframe of 2019 Q1?

Normally 2019 Q1 should include all placements made between January 1 – March 31 of 2019. Your MSG placement should appear on the next BMI statement (issued in January).
    Keep in mind sometimes there are delays (1 or 2 quarters) on payments.

#33274 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

I have a question, that I am not sure if it goes here. But.

is there a Database, or a Company where we can run our name (and any other pertinent information) to see if we are on Cue Sheets, but the Information/PRO might have been listed incorrectly?

I have a LOT of programming. that I have heard my music in over the years; and never got payment for..

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated!!

#33275 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

is there a Database, or a Company where we can run our name (and any other pertinent information) to see if we are on Cue Sheets, but the Information/PRO might have been listed incorrectly?

Oh if there were!

#33276 Reply
    cyberk91
    Participant

hey All……thanks for the info…love this forum everyone helps one another…not like some other ones I’ve seen in my travels…. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
Reply To: BMI Statments for 2019 Q1 landed. Good, bad, indifferent?
Your information: