Soundmouse – BMAT Should You Upload?

Home Forums PROs Soundmouse – BMAT Should You Upload?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Lots of talk popping up on whether you should upload to Soundmouse and/or BMAT. BMI is using Soundmouse music detection. BMAT is doing something similar but mainly (as I understand it) internationally.

I’m moving threads about this discussion, to here, from another thread.

#38967 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

@Music1234 I’m uploading to both Soundmouse and BMAT. With BMAT the uploads are free and it helps to ensure we are getting every penny from our PROs.

#38993 Reply
    bobsstudio
    Participant

Hi Art,
    What do you mean by the uploads being free? When I talked top them they sent me a bunch of prices for monitoring my tracks.
    Do you mean the one month pilot that they do for free?
    Best
    BobG

#38995 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

What do you mean by the uploads being free? When I talked top them they sent me a bunch of prices for monitoring my tracks.
    Do you mean the one month pilot that they do for free?

No, it’s not the one month pilot. They are encouraging all writers to upload to their system. Supposedly it will help. Here’s what I received from BMAT.

“Uploading your catalog is complementary and we always recommend it to our partners, as a way to increase their work’s recognition and compensation by being a part of our 90M + database which is used for monitoring worldwide. “

#38996 Reply
    bobsstudio
    Participant

Thank you Art!

#38997 Reply
    Music1234
    Participant

“Uploading your catalog is complementary and we always recommend it to our partners, as a way to increase their work’s recognition and compensation by being a part of our 90M + database which is used for monitoring worldwide.“

Question: 90 Million wave files are in their database? Wow!

Everyone needs to realize that tech companies and wall street investors are behind the big whale’s mouth swimming around drinking up tracks. The fact of the matter is that controlling a monster sized database of music wave files can be leveraged and monetized some how, some way, some day.

Soundmouse is not a transparent detection company. They do not share their detection data with writers and publishers. Why? What do they have to hide? Anyone have any answers?

BMAT wants our music, but they too are not in the mood to share the detection data they gather unless we pay up big time. Why do they want our tracks? They have a hidden agenda. What is it?

I have my thinking cap on as to why BMAT wants every track in the world inside their database.

At the end of the day, Big Monsters are all vying for the prize: Those monster black box pools of royalty money.

Here. Come. The. Giants.

As a reminder to everyone, especially writers. please know and understand that everyone and their mother is relentlessly trying to steal control of the only asset you have – your original music creations, YOUR intellectual property. Once you load it up, Giant Monsters take those assets and turn them into money under the promise that they will share the revenue with you. Once they get you hooked in and addicted, they then change the rules where they can just strip away more and more $$$$ for the Giants, and leave you with pennies because at the end of the day, you are just an eternally dumb “starving artist” in their minds.

Out of the music modernization act:

https://www.copyright.gov/music-modernization/

The MLC was born. The MLC is owned by the wall street Giant : Blackstone.

The MLC was recently awarded a $424,000,000 slush fund to pay artists streaming mechanical royalties. Hence blackstone, a wall street firm, some how some way got control of that slush fund.

I have a registered account at the MLC, i just studied my statements again. i have lots of pennies and $0 royalty monthly statements! Super cool! Meanwhile as we all wait for streaming royalties, Blackstone has the $424 million to play with.

https://www.themlc.com/press/mechanical-licensing-collective-receives-424-million-historical-unmatched-royalties-digital

See what’s going on here peeps? Wall street boys are at the top of the food chain. They get their hands on all the money first with one goal in mind: Distribute back as little as possible to songwriters, composers, and publisher so they can make massive profits and buy more, bigger, yachts.

We have lots of feeble musicians stating things like “well I guess this is the way things are going to be headed, we’ll just have to get used to giving up all our writers share one day.”

Wake up fellas! Be smart about the deals you sign and where you put your trust. No one has your back but you.
    The Giants are coming!

#39001 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I have only done a test upload to BMAT and they are very slow to respond. Plus, I’m not too sure about their contract after looking it over. I don’t have a problem with Soundmouse though.

#39002 Reply
    MaLmusic
    Participant

On BMAT or Soundmouse, can we upload exclusive cues that were released through music libraries? Or should we contact the libraries first?

#39004 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

On BMAT or Soundmouse, can we upload exclusive cues that were released through music libraries? Or should we contact the libraries first?

Don’t have an answer for that. Check with the library.

#39005 Reply
    MaLmusic
    Participant

“Don’t have an answer for that. Check with the library.”

Yeah I guess that’s the best thing to do. I’m looking for the best alternative to Tunesat, but it seems like those other options aren’t as simple, at least to me. For something like Source Audio, it seems like tracks have to be watermarked before they’re even released, so that means I would have to watermark the tracks before even submitting them to the libraries… Seems like BMAT doesn’t use watermarks but I’ll still check with my libraries.

#39011 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I will say that I am only uploading non-exclusive tracks that I own and collect the publishing on.

#39029 Reply
    Afilion
    Participant

Check out trqk it uses BMAT tech to detect tracks and works as good if not better than Tunesat and covers WAY more countries.

#39030 Reply
    MaLmusic
    Participant

I had never heard of TRQK, very interesting… I’ll check out their site to get more details, thanks!

#39054 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Here’s a link to a pdf, from Soundmouse, on setting up an account.

https://musiclibraryreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Soundmouse_Overview_2021.pdf

#39103 Reply
    Dreamuse
    Participant

I second looking at Trqk, for reasons outside of BMAT’s detection: It’s also a great analysis platform that tidily displays all kind of data on your tracks, such as how much you’ve earned per track in total, where a track’s made the most money (on which show), etc… They also provide a “gap analysis” showing how much you’ve gotten paid vs what you should have gotten from additional unpaid uses, and will (I believe) generate reports with which you can approach the American PRO’s (Pros outside US to follow). It’s still new, but they seem quite responsive.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Soundmouse – BMAT Should You Upload?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us