What's your flow?

Home Forums General Questions What's your flow?

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years ago by Gus.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JD

I’m curious about everyones work flow. Especially when it comes to multiple edits and mixes.

For instance, say you have a session full of midi tracks for the full version of a track. Do you edit those tracks for time into new sessions (ex: 30 & 60)? Or do you bounce the midi tracks to audio first, and then edit for time?

I am searching for the most “economical” way to mix all of the final tracks without copying all of the plugins to individual sessions.

I’m actually confusing myself as I type! 🙂

#9547 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I do a master mix, DnB, bed, loop and stinger/bumper. I build my 15, 30 and 60s from the master mix. If I needed to I could grab something from the DnB or bed.

Here’s a couple of links for more insight.

How Long To Write A Cue?

The Perfect Cue and Catalog

#9548 Reply
    euca

JD, You can also copy all the tracks and paste them further down the line and do your cuts on the copy. I.E. if your cue is 1 minute, copy all the tracks and paste them at 1:20 then chop that one down to :30 by cutting sections out. Your DAW should have a function where you can have the 1:20 start point reset to zero. Then you can keep going down the line to have multiple edits. Doing it that way keeps the original intact and keeps all your plug ins and effects and mastering chain all in the same session. Just don’t forget to move your bounce points for each version.

#9549 Reply
    Gus

I always bounce my midi tracks to audio and mix from there. I’ll cut down my 30 & 60 stings and bumpers from the master “audio” mix.

I use to mix directly from the midi session, but had a few songs that I had to come back to a couple of months (or years) later only to find that I had lost a particular effect or vsti.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: What's your flow?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us